Website terms and conditions
Use of this site is provided by The LARY Project subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. The LARY Project reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to The LARY Project are provided "as is" without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will The LARY Project be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. The LARY Project does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. Copyright restrictions:
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from The LARY Project. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence by The LARY Project to use any item displayed.
Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not The LARY Project). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
7. The LARY Project takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and The LARY Project has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that The LARY Project approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary information.
10. To the extent permitted by law, The Lary Project excludes liability in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any costs, losses, claims, damages, expenses or proceedings (including special, incidental or consequential damaga, loss of profits and wasted time) incurred or suffered by you arising directly or indirectly in connection with this website and its contents or any other contact with The LARY Project (eg. email) including any loss, damage or expense arsing from, but not limited to, any defect, error, imperfection, fault, mistake or inaccuracy with this website, its contents or associated services (eg. email correspondence) or due to any unavailability of part or all of the website or any content or associated services (eg. email services).
12. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
13. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
This site is not intended to, and does not, provide advice on the specific medical treatment appropriate to your circumstances. The Lary Project is a non-profit patient educational and support organisation and is not authorised to engage in the practice of medicine. You should not rely upon information provided at this site or via any other contact with us to determine the appropriate course of medical treatment. Although the content of this site includes lists of symptoms that may require immediate attention by a doctor, those lists are not exhaustive and other symptoms not listed may also require immediate attention. You should consult with your doctor to determine the appropriate course of medical treatment and the reliability of any information provided on this site. By using this site, you acknowledge that The Lary Project or its website is not responsible for any reliance placed upon the information provided on this site or provided in any other way (eg. via email contact with us).
The Lary Project uses reasonable efforts to maintain and update the information provided on this site. However, with a quickly evolving medical field, The Lary Project cannot make warranties or representations as to the continuous accuracy of the information provided at this site, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in its content. By using this site, you acknowledge that The Lary Project or its website is not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided on this site or provided in any other (eg. via email contact with us).
This site or The Lary Project does not recommend the use of any pharmaceutical product, whether prescription or over-the-counter. You should consult with a physician or pharmacist to determine the most appropriate medication in light of your medical condition and other drug products you may be using.
The LARY Project is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use information collected lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
There are two kinds of information that we track from our users, non-specific information and specific personal information.
In the first case we track the non-specific information by IP address from which we cannot identify a user or any personal details. This information is merely to identify trends in order for us to focus on future content.
In the second case we collect the information you provide when registering with us and from questions which we receive.
We will not share your name address or other details with any third party without your consent.