Review by Terry McDermott
Price: Varies - £140-250 depending on availability and stockists. It may be possible to get VAT exemption/refund if it is for personal use.
- Good amplification.
- Very light.
- Looks modern and more discreet than many other amplifiers I have seen (smaller, dark grey colour, basically does not feel like something out of the Open University circa 1972!)
- Headband microphone is discreet and stays in place well.
- Feedback is less easily triggered than other models I have tried.
- Very long operating time of up to 30 hours with fully charged batteries.
- Good value when compared with other more expensive – and in my opinion inferior – high end portable amplifiers.
- The mic on the headband is covered with a black foam tip which is not as discreet as the rest of the headband.
- There can be occasional feedback.
- It was only possible to trial it briefly. It would be useful to try it for longer to check many of the good points mentioned above.