Review by Terry McDermott
£29.95 including VAT (cost may vary but available at this price)
- Although it requires batteries, if you use rechargeable ones, you can charge them using the machine.
- It is quite light weight.
- It has an adjustable headband microphone which fits heads of all sizes and is reasonably secure.
- Comes with waistband strap to secure around waist.
- The amplifier is cream and large.
- Unless it is set to a high level, the amplifier does not produce much amplification. Even at the highest setting, the amplification levels are low compared with other amplifiers such as the Echo Voice.
- The headset is very large and obvious. The end in particular is very prominent - think Madonna circa 1986!
- Requires 6 batteries (can be used with rechargeable however).
This product is very similar to the WAP-3 according a technician I spoke to. However, apparently the WAP-4 is better at picking up the voice rather than background noise - it can differentiate in other words - whereas the WAP-3 does not.